Valabile din data de 08.03.2022
The air carrier "HiSky" LLC ensures a high level of protection of its passengers rights. However, in case the flight has been canceled or delayed, or you have been denied boarding on a flight for which you have a confirmed reservation, you are entitled to the rights defined in the Regulation on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of a refusal to board and the cancellation or delay of flights (approved by Government Decision no. 836 of 08.11.2018).
Regulamentul se aplică:
- to passengers departing from an airport located in the territory of the Republic of Moldova;
- to passengers departing from an airport located in a third country to an airport situated in the territory of the Republic of Moldova, unless they received benefits or compensation and were given assistance in that third country, if the operating air carrier of the flight concerned is a Moldovan carrier.
When an operating air carrier reasonably expects to deny boarding on a flight, it shall first call for volunteers to surrender their reservations in exchange for benefits under conditions to be agreed between the passenger concerned and the operating air carrier.
If an insufficient number of volunteers comes forward to allow the remaining passengers with reservations to board the flight, the operating air carrier may then deny boarding to passengers against their will.
Passengers who are denied boarding against their will have the right to compensation, assistance and care from the operating air carrier.
Right to compensation in case of denied boarding/ flight cancellation/ delayed flight
Passengers shall receive compensation amounting to:
- EUR 250 for all flights of 1 500 kilometres or less;
- EUR 400 for all intra-Community flights of more than 1 500 kilometres, and for all other flights between 1 500 and 3 500 kilometres;
- EUR 600 for all flights not falling under (a) or (b).
OThe operating air carrier may reduce the compensation by 50 %, when passengers are offered re-routing to their final destination on an alternative flight, the arrival time of which does not exceed the scheduled arrival time of the flight originally booked:
- by two hours, in respect of all flights of 1 500 kilometres or less; or
- by three hours, in respect of all intra-Community flights of more than 1500 kilometres and for all other flights between 1 500 and 3 500 kilometres; or
- by four hours, in respect of all flights not falling under (a) or (b).
Right to assistance
assengers shall be offered a choice between:
- reimbursement within seven days of the full cost of the ticket at purchase price for the part or parts of the journey that was not made, and for the part or parts already made if the flight is useless in relation to original travel plan of the passenger, together with, where relevant, a return flight to the first point of departure, as soon as possible;
- redirection, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination as soon as possible or
- redirection, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at a later date at the passenger's convenience, subject to availability of seats.
Right to care
Passengers shall be offered free of charge:
- meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time;
- hotel accommodation in cases where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary, or where a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary;
- transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel or other).
In addition, passengers shall be offered free of charge two free phone calls, messages via telex, fax or e-mail.
In applying the above provisions, the operating air carrier shall pay particular attention to the needs of persons with reduced mobility and any persons accompanying them, as well as to the needs of unaccompanied children.
Upgrading and downgrading
If the operating air carrier places a passenger in a class higher than that for which the ticket was purchased, it may not request any supplementary payment.
f the operating air carrier places a passenger in a class lower than that for which the ticket was purchased, it shall within seven days reimburse:
- 30% of the ticket price for all flights of 1500 kilometres or less, or
- 50% of the ticket price for all flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres, or
- 75% of the ticket price for all flights not falling under (a) or (b).
In the event of a flight cancellation, passengers receive assistance and service, including in the event of a redirection. Also, passengers have the right to receive compensation, unless:
if they are informed of the cancellation less than 7 days before the scheduled departure time, and they are offered a redirect to allow them to leave at the latest one hour before the expected departure time and reach their final destination in May less than 2 hours after the expected arrival time.
A delay is deemed to have occurred when the scheduled departure time is delayed by:
- two hours or more in the case of flights of 1 500 kilometres or less; or
- three hours or more for all flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres; or
- four hours or more in the case of all flights not falling under (a) or (b).
When your flight is expected to be delayed significantly, you have the right to receive care from the operating air carrier. This includes meals and refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time, possibly hotel accommodation including transport costs, and the opportunity to make two brief telephone calls or to send two faxes or e-mails. The operating air carrier is not required to provide this care if you are responsible for a further delay of your departing flight. In the case of delays of more than five hours, you have the right to have the cost of your ticket refunded within seven days in the amount of the travel not completed or in the amount of the travel already completed if the purpose of the travel was not accomplished due to the delay, and, if applicable, to a return flight to the point of first departure at the earliest opportunity.